All the engineering and applied science programs at Unitech, as well as some of the other programs, have industrial training as part of their curricula. This requires finding industrial attachment places for the students, making sure they are assessed and taken good care of during their stay in the industry, and assessment reports are received by their departments. Apart from this, Unitech plans to foster mutually beneficial collaboration with industry and corporate entities in Papua New Guinea and within the larger international community. This calls for the establishment of an office that will coordinate and manage these functions.
The Industrial Liaison Officer will:
- Find industrial placement for students who require it
- Ensure that students in industrial training are assessed and assessment reports are submitted to their examiners in a timely manner.
- Obtain financial and material support from industry for existing and new programs at Unitech.
- Initiate MOUs that link Unitech with industry and assist with renewal of existing ones.
- Initiate and coordinate industrial consultancy opportunities for Unitech staff and students.
- Initiate joint research projects between Unitech and industry.
- Assist departments to invite suitable people from industry to give guest lectures at Unitech
- Assist industries that wish to visit Unitech to recruit students or to participate in career expo or open day activities.
- Develop invention handling procedures and assist staffs who wish to seek patents for their inventions.
- Ensure that the website of the Industrial Liaison Office is updated every month.
- Be the Executive officer of the Engineering & Science Industrial Advisory Board
- Assist departments in forming their Departmental Industrial Advisory Committees
- Assist the Dean of Engineering as he or she might direct from time to time.
Suitable candidates are invited to send detailed application with curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications. They should provide names and addresses, including email addresses, fax/phone numbers of three (3) referees, at least one of whom should be a past/present employer or supervisor. Applicants should also give an indication of their earliest availability to take up the appointment.
Applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th March 2018.
The following will be among the attributes that the Industrial Liaison Officer must have:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Science or Business Studies
- At least 3 years’ experience in relevant positions in industry or in academia
- Ability to work as a team member with academics, technical officers and industrialists
- Outstanding communication and public relation capabilities
- A high standard of moral integrity
Key Collaborators: The Industrial Liaison Officer will report to the Dean of Engineering and will work closely with industrial partners and with the following campus employees like the Departmental Industrial Training Coordinators, Heads of all academic and non-academic departments, Manager of the Central Engineering Workshop, Director of the Public Relations Office and the Transport Manager.
The desired commencement date is as soon as possible.
Base Salary Range : PGK 38, 287.00 to PGK 46, 390.00
Base DMA Range : PGK 10, 978.00 to PGK 16,757.00
(Level of appointment depends upon qualification and experience)